Small Businesses Score Victory With PACE Act

Posted on Friday, November 13, 2015

Small businesses received some welcomed news in October with passage of the Protecting Affordable Coverage for Employees (PACE) Act. The new law revises the

Shift Taxable Income Into 2015

Posted on Thursday, November 12, 2015

As the calendar approaches the end of 2015, it is helpful to think about ways to shift income and deductions into the following year. For example, spikes in

IRS Promises More Identity Theft Protection In 2016 Filing Season

Posted on Tuesday, November 10, 2015

After acknowledging earlier this year that hackers breached one of its popular online apps, the IRS has promised more identity theft protections in the 2016

Nonprofit Accounting Terminology

Posted on Wednesday, November 04, 2015

Nonprofit accounting is a specialized industry and as such uses specific terms that those outside of the nonprofit world may not be familiar with.  The

Clock Ticks Down To Year-End Passage Of Tax Extenders For Individuals and Businesses

Posted on Monday, November 02, 2015

As 2015 winds down, another temporary extension of the tax extenders appears almost certain. Despite talk in early 2015 about finding a permanent solution to

Audit Results

Posted on Wednesday, October 21, 2015

After your auditors have completed the audit of your organization, they will usually present the audit results to your board of directors or finance/audit

DWD Ranks In Top 300 Of Nation’s Accounting Firms

Posted on Monday, October 12, 2015

DWD was recently recognized as one of the nation's Top 300 accounting firms by INSIDE Public Accounting (IPA).  The Top 300 firms range in size from

Year-End Tax Planning

Posted on Wednesday, October 07, 2015

The approach of year-end 2015 makes it tax planning season. Tax law developments in 2015 can affect, for example, the deduction of costs and expenses, the

Affordable Care Act Provisions

Posted on Wednesday, October 07, 2015

A few years ago Congress passed the Affordable Care Act (ACA). There were many provisions in the ACA which were set to begin in future years. As time has moved

Capitalized Asset versus Expense

Posted on Wednesday, October 07, 2015

All nonprofit organizations should have a capitalization policy in place.  This policy sets a threshold, above which qualifying expenditures are

Disclaimer: The information contained in Dulin, Ward & DeWald’s blog is provided for general educational purposes only and should not be construed as financial or legal advice on any subject matter. Before taking any action based on this information, we strongly encourage you to consult competent legal, accounting or other professional advice about your specific situation. Questions on blog posts may be submitted to your DWD representative.

What They're Saying

Find out what our clients are saying about our premier services.